The lodge is a large, characterful two-storied house with guest accommodation in three bedrooms or suites downstairs and two bedrooms up.
• a common guest area of two large comfortable living rooms where you’re welcome to relax.
• a large front deck for breakfast and for relaxing on at any time
• a library which includes books on NZ history, plants, birds and maori culture and other books
• free wi-fi in all rooms.
• tea & coffee making facilities from the lodge kitchen where you’ll find coffees, teas & herbal infusions along with homemade treats to have with your cuppa
• the lodge is not self catering but you’re welcome to keep snacks in the fridge as space allows
• we offer a selection of New Zealand and local wine and beers for sale
Your hosts Greg & Peter live in an adjacent cottage, we are close enough to help, far enough so you can relax. On your arrival we will help you orientate you to Russell, and help you book excursions & activities based on the weather.
RUSSELL VILLAGE CENTRE is an easy 6-8 minute stroll away. It has a good selection of restaurants, cafes, takeaways and shops including a post office, bookshop, pharmacy and medical centre. The Russell wharf is right in town and where the Paihia passenger ferries and the various cruise boats dock.
We have excellent parking in our large car park at the rear of the house. It’s flat and so just a few steps from your car to your room. Note, though, that the park is accessed from a different street ( 23 Brind Rd) to our front gate (Florance Ave). It’s easy to find, just follow the directions on our Directions page
If you don’t have a car we can arrange for transport for you to and from Paihia where you can catch the Russell ferry and we’ll meet you (and drop you back) at the Russell wharf.